Rock Out Weekend! (ROW)
September 21 - 24, 2023
A 3-night getaway! Sunset paddle, hiking, day trip into Austin, farmer's markets, dancing, social under the stars, good food, great friends.
View from screened in Shelter
"Before the 2011 wildfire, loblolly pines covered most of Bastrop State Park. Because this pine pocket was separated from the East Texas Pineywoods by over 100 miles, this area is known as the “Lost Pines.” How did they get here? Pollen records show that pines have persisted in this area for over 18,000 years. They were probably once connected to the Pineywoods region. Over time, the climate became drier and the region covered by pines shrank. The local PINEYsandy soils provided conditions for these WOODS “Lost Pines” to survive. In fact, the pines LOST PINES have become genetically unique, having adapted to 30% less rainfall than loblollies from East Texas and adjacent states. The Lost Pines loblollies represent the westernmost stand of loblolly pine trees in the United States."
4 Separate Houses. Each house has:
♦ 4 bedrooms - 3 rooms with 1 Double Bed & 1 Room that shares multi twin beds
♦ 1.5 baths plus extra sink area; extra showers are really close.
♦ Screened in porch with small table and chairs. (bring your own chair as there are not enough chairs in the house area)
What you bring:
- Pillow, sheets and blankets
- Your outdoor toys, bikes, hiking gear, etc.
- Anything specific you want
What BCO Brings:
- Food! Hot meals for breakfast & dinner plus items for you to make lunch.
- Kitchen supplies for community kitchen
- Paper Plates and silverware (if you don't want to use plastic cutlery, you can bring your own.)
- Private Room - 1 Double Bed = $475 for 1 person or 2
- Shared Room - Twin Single Bed = $230 per person
- Tent Camping - $175 per person
All fees include: 3 Breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 Dinners, Bastrop State Park Entrance fees & parking fees, Lake Bastrop entrance fees for 1 day, use of SUPs, Kayaks or Canoes, lodging.